When it comes to formulating and making soap, there’s so much more than just picking out ingredients and throwing them together to create a product. There are crucial things you need to learn in order to create a stable and safe product that you can turn around and sell successfully in your business.
This ebook is a very detailed and informative guide to help you along the way with your formulating and soaping journey. By the time you are done with this ebook you’ll have much more knowledge and be on your way to creating and producing your own formulas and products, including cold process soap.
This ebook covers a load of useful information, advice, tips, resources and how-to’s. A very easy to read and follow ebook written by Camisha Balfour, owner of ELOSA to help small business owners expand into making their own products for their business. This ebook also includes clickable links and resources to help you along the way.
What Is It:
Digital PDF File (eBook)
Who’s It For:
Creators, Formulators, Soapers, Product Based Business Owners
With over 100 pages, you’ll read and gain a significant amount of knowledge on:
Formulating Natural Cosmetic products:
What is a formula, how to understand one, how to create your own professional formula, phases in a formula and how to extend shelf life of a product. You’ll also learn how to create specific formulas for different skin types.
Ingredients and the ingredient type:
Discover a wide range of ingredients and learn about surfactants, humectants, emollients, extracts, preservatives, exfoliants, emulsifiers, solubilizers, antioxidants, thickeners, carrier oils, butters, essential oils and active ingredients. You’ll learn what they are, how do they work, when they should and can be used in a formula.
What is pH, how to measure and adjust it, how to tell when it is relevant in formula and how it can effect ingredients.
Active surfactant matter. Something not usually discussed, but is an important factor in products such as shampoos, body wash and face washes.
Learn about the types of Lye, how to make cold process soap bars and liquid soap (including laundry and dish soap), how to color your bar soap naturally, curing your soap bars and how to create your own formula. You’ll also learn about soaping tools and equipment needed for making soap.
Learn about labeling your products and the INCI names for ingredients. Learn about claims and proper regulations when it comes to what you put on labels.
· A supplier list: Useful resources and suppliers in Canada and US for raw ingredients, supplies and packaging. Including suppliers used by ELOSA.
· Formulas: Simple formulas with step by step instructions on entire process. Formulas Ive created specifically for this ebook for you to try on your own and get the hang of formulating with simple ingredients before you create more advanced formulas.
· Test yourself: Put what you’ve learned to the test with "Spot what's wrong with this formula" which are fun and useful quiz's to test your knowledge.
Some common questions that you'll find answers to in this ebook..
· What is pH and when is it relevant in a formula?
· How do I write my own formula?
· What are surfactants?
· How do I make liquid soap?
· How do I make bar soap?
· Do I have to preserve my soap?
· Why did my product seperate?
· How do I keep my product stable?
· How do I know how much of an ingredient to use?
· How do I make my products have a thicker viscosity?
· How do I determine the shelf life of my product?
· How many ingredients can I have in formula?
· Where can I find EcoCERT and natural alternatives for common ingredients such as preservatives and emulsifiers?
By the time you're done with this ebook, you’ll be on the way to making your own bar and liquid soaps, lotions, body butters, body and face wash, lip balms, serums, scrubs and more!
· This is a digital product. Nothing will be shipped. Please ensure all your personal details including your email is correct to receive your order.
· No Refunds On Digital Goods · Available immediately after purchase
· Can be saved, opened and read on iPhone, Tablet, iPad, MacBook, iMac, Windows Laptop + Computer
· It is recommended to download your file to your desired location immediately after you receive your file.
Note: When you pre order, your ebook will be delivered to the email on file on release date. Make sure you enter correct email address to recieve your ebook.